Thursday 9 May 2013

Purple Lipstick Review; Mac Heroine, Topshop Straight Ace, Mac Strong Woman, Lime Crime Airborne Unicorn, MAC Potent Fig, Inglot 281 and KA'OIR Rude Girl



Such an exciting day for MAC Lipstick Junkies (aka me). After much anticipation the long awaited MAC  'Heroine' lipstick came out in Irish stores in the form of the new collection 'Fashion Sets'. So there I was, waiting outside MAC Henry Street in the lashing rain waiting for my Heroine, I'm an addict! I was the first one in and the lovely girl must have thought  I was so strange because I was goggling at the lipstick for ages before purchase. She had no idea how long I had waited! So here it is. My small purple lipstick collection but hey, there is only really a few wearable shades of purple!

LIME CRIME 'AIRBORNE UNICORN'


I love Lime Crime, but this colour kind of disappointed me. It's beautiful, but just the texture is to creamy its like a lip balm but the pigmentation gets all over your teeth if you're a smiler like me! Its almost a lavender colour, easy to apply and in its usual cute packaging it's hard to stay mad at it! I purchased this, as usual, off Ebay from my trustee sellers Makeupemporium10 and it was really reasonable  only 20 euro with postage and packaging!

Straight Ace
TOPSHOP'S 'STRAIGHT ACE'

Straight Ace

The colour of this lipstick is great (Bright purple with pink undertone and a creamy finish) but unfortunately as it's obviously not the best quality it bleeds so it's impossible to wear without  a lip liner! I purchased this in Topshop on Grafton Street and it was 11.50 euro with my student discount so a bit pricey for...what am I saying it IS Topshop after all!!!                                                                            
MAC 'STRONG WOMAN' 

MAC Strong Woman

I frickin' LOVE this lipstick! It's a Matte finish which is my absolute favorite. Its darker then Heroine, it's purple with a kind of burgundy undertone but it's amazing. It's great for a full face of makeup and goes with my pale skin and ginger hair so well. I had to buy this on Ebay as well from Makeupemporium10 because I was too late to get it and 'Firm Form' (see my Dark Lipsticks review) from the Strength Collection. So, obviously this made it a lot more expensive for me (40 euro ssshhh!) But so so worth it!
KA'OIR Rude Girl



KA'OIR 'RUDE GIRL'

I bought this on Ebay (you can just assume that if I didn't get it in the shops I got it off Ebay my second home) for a reasonable sum. I think it was in the 20's. But I was quite disappointed when I wore it. It's a great colour, almost blue, but the texture on your lips as you wear is almost like a crayon! It flakes and makes your lips look chapped even if they are not! It's fine at first, but for long wear I wouldn't reccomend it unfortunately. Sorry Rhianna!


INGLOT '281'



 This was actually my first purple lipstick back when my Inglot phase was going on, thank god someone knocked some sense into me! But i do like this lipstick. It's a lavender colour and really creamy. I dont wear it that often anymore as I tend to go for more striking colours, but when and if (and that is a huge if) the sun comes out maybe it will come out too! The usual price 13 euro from  Inglot in Jervis Center in town.

MAC 'POTENT FIG'


MAC Potent Fig
 This is a limited addition Mattene Lipstick. So that means it's semi matte, so it's more creamy then matte but the colour is pigmented. It is dark, but not too dark that it looks the same as MACs Smoked Purple or Cyber, it is purple with dark blue/black undertones. Because of its finish, it does tend to go into the chaps of your lips and make them more visible then they should be, but hey I don't moisturize my lips before I put lipstick on so maybe it's my own fault!



And finally...

MAC 'HEROINE'


Gorgeous Lipstick. It is pretty close to the Topshop one actually, but because it is MAC it is a much better quality. It is a matte finish, and has definite pink undertones to it. But it is  true purple no one could mistake it. Its a creamy matte, but not too creamy which is perfect! Definitely what I had hoped for and although my purple phase has withered slightly, I know I'll be back!

1 comment: